Sunday, October 15, 2006

Is it out yet? Is it out yet?

No, the magazine has not yet launched. It is tiresome to watch something take its time coming into existence, isn't it? But hey, that's the birthing process and we all know that it takes a little patience. The mag is still not technically past due, as we aimed for an October launch. But apparently we're feeling the pinch of a shortage of qualified workers in the province and are having a hard time finding good salespeople to sell ad space. Whatcha gonna do? I feel like I'm developing a good stable of writers, so editorial is on track. .. which takes care of over 60% of the magazine. But we can't go anywhere without the other percentage. Really, the ad sales position is perfect for some semi-retired individual who's not looking for a lot of work but would like to fill some time here and there. But what do I know, I'm not a sales-type person and this is not my stress factor. I'm so open-handed on this project, it's ridiculous. I enjoy it, but it is not consuming my time or my head. Hurrah! If it never gets beyond the first issue, I'm fine. As long as I and the writers are paid for our work (and I have received assurance on both fronts, for what that's worth), it's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home