Sunday, September 21, 2008

I learned something this week

I learned that I am blessed with really super, long-term genuine friends. The ya-yas have been together for 9 years, and I gotta say we are so much more than a book club. We share a poignant deepness with each other that I so cherish. We share laughter that that has the power to move mountains, heal leprosy make us all incontinent. You can't put a price on that.

The Football Family has gotten together for ten years. We were there this weekend for the game. And as I watched Cates limp off and heard the murmur of conversation around me, I realized that this experience is so much deeper than a football game. (And Kerrin's prime rib was unbelievable!)

But these aren't all - there are people far and wide with whom I share a mutual knowledge of and love for that is very genuine and very deep. This is a great blessing and I hope I can learn how to honour this adequately in my lifetime - incontinent laughter not necessarily included (but pretty likely.)

I learned that my position at work and our business has forced/invited/allowed me to use strengths of visioning, appreciative inquiry and leadership that have not always been embraced in other work situations, and that I can freely embrace who I am, even if I am strong. This is a great freedom.

I wish I could say that I've finally learned where the turnoff to Hiway 11 is from the #6 north of Regina. Could have saved me some mileage today.

Great weekend. Great prime rib. I'm hungry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home